Friday, January 3, 2014

Medifast Helped Me Cure My Addiction to Whites

One of the easiest ways to lose weight is to give up white foods, and by that I don't mean cauliflower. The two "bad" whites are sugar and refined flour. Along with corn syrup, these ingredients -- used in most processed foods -- made me fat.

If you are addicted to empty calorie carbs like I was, giving up the whites is hard to do. It took me following a rigid plan like Medifast to finally say "sayonara" to those wily whites.

Here's how I found out I am cured:
I used to be addicted to foods that
contained sugar and white flour

Last night a box of goodies arrived from my husband's daughter loaded with chocolate peanut butter balls and to-die-for peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. I pondered the idea of ignoring them altogether but decided to have just a taste of each to honor the sender.

Mmmm... chocolate peanut butter balls
from my daughter-in-law. The insides
have that delicious malt-bally crunch.
Last year I ate more than  a dozen.
Interestingly, instead of wanting more or going into a feeding frenzy, I felt that old familiar jittery feeling coursing through my blood that I used to get from eating too much sugar. It was surprisingly easy to resist the temptation to keep eating these delicious confections since I knew I would feel increasingly worse if I continued.

Instead, I drank some water to cleanse my palate, then mixed up some Medifast brownie batter. I thoroughly enjoyed my substitute chocolatey nightcap that left me feeling satisfied without jangling  my nerves.

Even after I lose my last few pounds I plan to continue to keep Medifast brownie mix and a few other no-sugar sweets on hand to satisfy my sweet tooth without making me feel shaky.

If you're interested in learning more about how you can lose weight safely and more rapidly with the Medifast 5&1 plan, please visit my Take Shape for Life website.

Similar posts:

Medifast on Vacation

Medifast Ziti Marinara Review

Dr. Oz Diet Vs. Medifast 


Can You Drink Alcohol on Medifast?

No comments:

Post a Comment