Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Medifast and Forbidden Fruit

I was at the grocery store yesterday and bought blueberries.

That may not seem remarkable to most people, but for me it was a big deal. Since starting Medifast in late September, not a piece of forbidden (read: all) fruit has touched my lips.
After I was forbidden to eat it
for three months, fruit never tasted so good.

Driving to work, I snacked on the blueberries and could not believe how deliciously sweet and flavorful they were. I savored each spherical burst of berriliciousness as if it were Godiva chocolate.

What excited me about this experience was that I wasn't getting my sugar high from a Twix bar or chocolate chip cookie, empty calories that would make me feel edgy and sluggish. Instead, I was enjoying, as if for the first time, the natural sweetness and flavor of a so-called super food that is loaded with antioxidants and other healthy nutrients.

It is possible that part of the genius of Medifast is taking fruit literally off the table so it becomes special once you are allowed to eat it again. As I transition off the Medifast 5&1 plan, my hope is that I will continue to view fruit as my "forbidden" treat instead of the cookies, candy and chips that got me into trouble to begin with.

If you're interested in learning more about how you can lose weight safely and more rapidly with the Medifast 5&1 plan, please visit my Take Shape for Life website.

Similar posts:

Medifast on Vacation

Medifast Ziti Marinara Review

Dr. Oz Diet Vs. Medifast 


Can You Drink Alcohol on Medifast?

No comments:

Post a Comment