Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Is Medifast Expensive?

Is Medifast too expensive?
It depends on what price you place on your health.
When people find out I lost 25 pounds in three months with Medifast, the first question they typically ask is "Is it expensive?" My usual response is "Not really," followed by "It depends on what you consider expensive."

I then let them know the cost of the food, about $12 a day for the five Medifast replacement meals plus about $4-$8 for the lean and green meal I purchase or prepare myself. Though that may be more money than I usually spend on food, I am also saving money on alcohol, coffee drinks, vending machine snacks and other wallet shrinking purchases from my pre-Medifast days. Overall, the extra expense is either a wash or only slightly higher than what I was spending before on edibles and potables.

I'd rather shrink my waist than my wallet with frivolous food and drink purchases
Since I do not participate in Medifast through one of its centers, I do not pay for any coaching or guidance. Instead, I have a free health coach through Medifast's Take Shape for Life program and also get support from the free Medifast forums, independent blogs and a couple of Facebook groups to which I belong. I buy my food through my health coach at the same price I would pay online buying through Medifast direct, and sometimes I purchase or swap foods through one of my Facebook groups or eBay.

For me, there is no price too high for getting into a healthy weight zone and feeling comfortable in my own skin. Every penny I have spent on Medifast has been worth it, and with every pound I've lost, my odds of getting diabetes, heart disease and other chronic health conditions have gone down.

Plus, it doesn't hurt that I look better in my clothes and can go shopping in my closet again.

If I were living on a subsistence wage, I could not afford to do Medifast. But I am fortunate to be at a place in my life where a minor extra expense is not only within my budget, but almost mandatory if I want to reclaim my fit and healthy body.

If you're interested in learning more about how you can lose weight safely and more rapidly with the Medifast 5&1 plan, please visit my Take Shape for Life website.

Similar posts:

Medifast on Vacation

Medifast Ziti Marinara Review

Dr. Oz Diet Vs. Medifast 


Can You Drink Alcohol on Medifast?

No comments:

Post a Comment