Friday, December 27, 2013

5 Favorite Medifast Recipes for Lean and Green Meals

One of the best things about Medifast is how simple the diet is. I only have to prepare one meal a day, my lean and green meal, consisting of massive doses of veggies and lean protein.

In a pinch, I can do salad or cooked veggies with grilled chicken, Boca Burger patties or other favorite protein. I often buy grilled chicken strips or already-cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. When the cupboards are bare, there's always tuna -- or hard boiled eggs

But on those days I'm feeling creative, it’s fun to go a little wild with my lean and greens. Here are a few of my favorite go-to meals:
Alice Springs Chicken Medifast style

In my pre-Medifast days I loved Alice Spring’s Chicken from Outback, and now I adore this delicious Medifast lean and green copycat from the Sandy’s Kitchen blog. It has all the same great flavors – chicken, bacon, mushrooms and cheese. When I prepare  this, I can't believe I'm eating OP!

One of my favorite ways to spice up lean and green meals is to experiment with international cuisines. Sandy’s version of Thai Green Coconut Curry Shrimp with Basil makes me feel like I'm eating at my favorite Thai restaurant. You can alter this recipe so many ways by adding chicken or varying the veggies.

When I start to miss comfort foods like meatballs and spaghetti, I get my fix with Italian Meatballs & Spaghetti Squash from the Lean and Green Recipes blog. This Medifast-friendly meal switches out spaghetti squash for the higher glycemic pasta, a popular trick for low carb dieters.

One of my favorite vegetarian lean and green meals is stuffed portabella mushrooms from the official Medifast Lean and Green cookbook. The recipe as written includes  low fat mozzarella cheese,  fresh tomato, rosemary, cilantro, garlic and other fresh ingredients that meld into a flavorful meal. It's a perfect pot luck dish when I want to make sure there's something I can eat amidst the casseroles and cakes.

Pizza on a diet? Who knew?

For a cool twist on pizza, I love this recipe from the New Beautiful Me blog that makes the crust out of cauliflower. I sometimes tweak it by adding some low-fat feta or turkey bacon crumbles and, yes, I totally feel like I'm cheating.

What are some of your favorite Medifast lean and green meals? Post your Medifast friendly recipe links in the comments section below.



Subscribe to Diet Skeptic Does Medifast by Email

You can purchase Medifast replacement meals directly from Medifast Centers, the Medifast website or -- for no extra cost -- through the co-branded website of a Medifast TSFL health coach. Medifast does not recommend purchasing its products from third party vendors, but if you choose to do so, you can find them on both Amazon and eBay.

Medifast replacement meals on Amazon


Similar posts:

Medifast Stock Price Falling -- How Healthy is Medifast the Company?

Medifast Centers Vs. DIY Medifast


Irrational Numbers: Doing the Math on Medifast Popcorn

Medifast Vs. Lean Cuisine Diet

Visit my other blogs:

Groovy Movies

Fit Kitty


Bookish

Follow Nancy's board Medifast on Pinterest.



No comments:

Post a Comment