Friday, December 13, 2013

How Modifying Medifast Foods Can Turn Meh Into Marvelous

In my last post, I mentioned how much I loved the Medifast chocolate chip soft bakes for breakfast, but I think the message may have gotten lost amidst the rest of the text.

Medifast chocolate chip soft bakes are so good, they deserve a post of their own.

There are many ways to prepare this packet of salty-sweet goodness, but baking them as directed is not one of them. One of my favorite ways is preparing the dough as directed, forming it into balls, and then freezing them for a short while. This provides the classic unbaked chocolate chip cookie dough eating experience without the guilt.

Your Medifast Chocolate Chip Soft Bakes
will never  look this perfect
unless your name is Martha Stewart
My very favorite way to prepare the Medifast chocolate chip soft bake powder, however, is to mix it with the requisite 2T of water and microwave the dough for just 30 seconds, either in the tray provided or any shallow bowl. I can't explain why this half-baked result is so good, but trust me -- it is.

This delicacy has become my daily breakfast ritual, and I can imagine eating it for breakfast for many months and years to come -- even after I reach my weight loss goal.

The weird thing is I used to think the Medifast chocolate chip soft bake was just meh, and I let the packages sit on the shelf for a while before I tried these two modified preparation methods.

The moral of the story is not to give up on any particular Medifast food. If you don't like the food as prepared by the official cooking or mixing instructions, play with it. Try adding more water ... or less. Undercook it; freeze it;

turn it into a muffin or shake. Mix it with another Medifast food for two meals (the crunchy bars pair well with the soft bakes when you crush them, mix them with the dough and turn them into candy).

So which Medifast foods did you not like at first that later became one of your favorites?

If you're interested in learning more about how you can lose weight safely and more rapidly with the Medifast 5&1 plan, please visit my Take Shape for Life website.

Similar posts:

Medifast on Vacation

Medifast Ziti Marinara Review

Dr. Oz Diet Vs. Medifast 


Can You Drink Alcohol on Medifast?

No comments:

Post a Comment