Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Orphaned Members from Soon-to-Close Medifast Centers May Select Their Own TSFL Health Coaches

When I found out that 34 Medifast Weight Control Centers will be closing by the end of this year, rumors swirled around what would happen to the center members left adrift after the doors were shuttered.

Then I heard that members who wanted to continue the program with a Medifast Take Shape for Life health coach would be assigned a health coach by the company. Only not all health coaches would be in the pool of lucky people receiving these new clients.

It made sense that Medifast would want to ensure their orphaned center members were assigned to reputable and competent health coaches, but I knew many who fit the bill who were not included in this Merry Christmas present from Medifast.

When I switched from Medifast Direct to Take Shape for Life about a year ago, I was randomly assigned a health coach who was pretty high up in the company's food chain. She was capable and professional, but I always felt like I was just someone for her to check off on her to-do list. She literally had hundreds of clients.

Compared to the health coaches I have since be-"friended" on various Facebook groups, the relationship seemed impersonal. I pretty much did the program on my own though I ordered my replacement meals via my coach's co-branded TSFL website. Once when my order was messed up, she took a few days to get back to me and then she told me to call the 800 number.

If I were to start the Medifast program now I would want a TSFL health coach who is actively engaged with his or her clients; so I was happy to hear that Take Shape for Life is allowing former center members who were assigned to a select group of health coaches to switch to other health coaches if they so choose.

Below is my Twitter exchange with the company's social media contact:





Former Medifast Center members will have the freedom
to choose their own TSFL health coach
Since I am no longer a TSFL health coach and have no legal or monetary affiliation with Medifast, I do not benefit from this policy, but I am glad that Take Shape for Life is providing its clients with the freedom to choose a health coach who best meets their needs.

You can purchase Medifast replacement meals directly from Medifast Centers, the Medifast website or -- for no extra cost -- through the co-branded website of a Medifast TSFL health coach. Medifast does not recommend purchasing its products from third party vendors, but if you choose to do so, you can find them on both Amazon and eBay.

Medifast Custom Order - You Choose ANY 10 Boxes


More from Diet Skeptic:

Can You Drink Alcohol on Medifast

Medifast Centers Vs. Take Shape for Life


Planned Exceptions: What Is Your Pie Policy?

Wabi Sabi Dieting & Renee Zelwegger's New Face

Women Who Pin Too Much: Confessions of a Low Carb Recipe Collector

Follow Nancy's board Low Carb Recipes on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment