Friday, May 9, 2014

How to Lose 40 Pounds in One Month

In our fast-paced microwaved world, where waiting more than a second for a web page to download can seem like a lifetime, who has the patience to lose only 10 pounds in thirty days?

Apparently, not a woman named Caitlin who may have been serious when she asked, "What can I eat to lose 40 lbs in one month?" 


I loved the facetious answer -- air. But the question was even funnier.

About the only way to realistically lose that much weight would be to lop off various body parts or consume a parasite. No food or drink could melt off so much fat that quickly.

For those with a tad more patience, however, losing 10 pounds in one month is doable. Though people lose weight at different rates, the Medifast Take Shape for Life program helped me lose 35 pounds in less than four months without feeling hungry or deprived. (Results vary. Clients can expect to lose 2-5 lbs per week for the first two weeks and 1-2 lbs per week thereafter on the Medifast 5&1 Plan®.)
I was able to eat six meals a day, none of which were air.

The replacement meals, such as ziti marinara and chocolate brownies, were filling and contained all the vitamins and nutrients I needed.

I did not have to work out like a gym rat.

I learned how to prepare and enjoy lean & green meals -- high protein dinners with loads of low-glycemic vegetables.
Sample lean & green meal: meat lasagne
Courtesty of Sandy's Kitchen Adventures

I was able to resist temptations at work and social events.

And I have maintained my weight loss through the healthy new habits I gained.

It didn't take me a month to gain 35 pounds, and it would have been unrealistic to lose them that fast. For me, 10 pounds a month was rapid enough to keep me sufficiently motivated to continue On Plan until I reached a healthy body weight.

You can purchase Medifast replacement meals directly from Medifast Centers, the Medifast website or -- for no extra cost -- through the co-branded website of a Medifast TSFL health coach. Medifast does not recommend purchasing its products from third party vendors, but if you choose to do so, you can find them on both Amazon and eBay.

Medifast replacement meals on Amazon

Similar posts:

How Medifast Helped Me Develop Better Habits

Medifast Centers Vs. DIY Medifast


My Favorite Medifast Kitchen Gadgets


Medifast Vs. Lean Cuisine Diet

No comments:

Post a Comment