Sunday, May 25, 2014

Is Medifast Becoming the Donut Diet?

Move over shakes.

Ever since some Martha Stewarty Medifasters got the idea to use Medifast replacement meals to make donuts in the Babycakes Donut Maker, the Internet has been riddled with recipes for miniature Medifast donuts.

People are mixing everything from pancakes to brownies to mashed potatoes -- and, yes, even Chai tea -- to make tasty meals that are crispy on the outside and doughy on the inside.
They may look like bagels but, trust me,
they taste like knishes.

Can you say delish?

Beginning to feel like I was the only Medifaster on the planet who hadn't tried this cutesy kitchen gadget, last week I broke down and finally ordered a Babycakes Donut Maker from Amazon.

My first attempt at donuts was inspired by one of my favorite Medifast vloggers Andrea, a.k.a. MetallicaMom Doing MF, who turned Medifast mashed potatoes into what she described as a knish. (See her video here.)

Click on link at right
to purchase... you won't be sorry!
Babycakes DN-6 Mini Doughnut Maker, Yellow, 6 Donut

Many moons ago I lived in New York; so I can remember how good that potato delicacy is. Sorry, Andrea, but I was a tad skeptical that the Medifast powder would result in anything remotely close.

Oops! By accident I bought the
Babycakes Donut Maker
that makes only four donuts.
Buy the one that makes six!
I was wrong.

The crispy potato donuts that came out of my Babycakes Donut Maker were as close to knishes as you can get without all the starchy calories. Dipped in Dijon mustard, they were to die for. And because they are high in protein (as are all Medifast meals), they were filling, too.

Since I am no longer in Medifast weight loss mode, I mixed one packet of Medifast sour cream and chives potatoes with a whole egg instead of a quarter cup of egg whites, and I added a quarter cup of water. The batter made 10 mini-donuts.

I'm sold. Medifast and the Babycakes Donut Maker are a marriage made in heaven.

Now what should I try next?

No comments:

Post a Comment