Monday, February 17, 2014

Why Medifast Is More Than Just a Diet

The problem with losing weight on a diet is that I always find it again.

Most diets can help make me less fat, but unless they are bolstered by a foundation for permanent change, the pounds invariably creep back on.

The reason for this is explained by Dr. Wayne Andersen in his book, "Dr. A's Habits of Health." Borrowing from the paradigm of Robert Fritz's Path of Least Resistance, the co-founder of Take Shape for Life posits that a weight loss diet must be founded on the desire for long-term positive change.

In other words, my odds of permanently maintaining weight loss are slim if my goal is to stop avoid taking diabetes medication or feel less self-conscious in a bathing suit. I must be moving toward positive goals, such as attaining optimal health and feeling comfortable in my clothes.

When coupled with Take Shape for Life, Medifast is far more
than a quick fix weight loss diet.

One of the key tenets of Fritz's book centers on structural tension, the space between where a person is now and where she ultimately wants to be. If I lose weight just to solve a problem, I will probably revert to my old bad habits once my problem is solved and the discomfort eliminated.

Because Medifast is about moving toward something positive vs. avoiding something negative, it is far more than just another quick-fix diet with low-calorie portion-controlled replacement meals.  Coupled with Take Shape for Life, it has created a profound change in my consciousness that will keep me at a healthy body weight.

You can purchase Medifast replacement meals directly from Medifast Centers, the Medifast website or -- for no extra cost -- through the co-branded website of a Medifast TSFL health coach. Medifast does not recommend purchasing its products from third party vendors, but if you choose to do so, you can find them on both Amazon and eBay.

Medifast replacement meals on Amazon

Similar posts:

Can You Drink Alcohol on Medifast?


How Medifast Helped Me Develop Better Habits

Medifast Centers Vs. DIY Medifast


Irrational Numbers: Doing the Math on Medifast Popcorn

Medifast Vs. Lean Cuisine Diet

Visit my other blogs:

Fit Kitty

Food Trends 


Bookish

Dictionary Woman

Follow Nancy's board Medifast on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment