Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Food-O-Tainment: What's So Bad About Eating When You're Bored?

10 Reasons You Eat When You're Not Actually Hungry

7 Ways to Stop Eating Just Because You're Bored

Do You Eat Out of Boredom?

Are you talking to me, Internet?

For some reason, common diet wisdom decries eating out of boredom, and yet we all do it. Food is a stimulant that tantalizes the taste buds. It's like having a party in your mouth.

The trick isn't to completely banish the habit of eating out of boredom, it's deciding whom to invite to my party.

A bowl of chips and guacamole? A junior Wendy's cheeseburger? Chocolate chip cookies?

Not if I want to remain slender.

Since losing 30 pounds with Medifast, I have had to re-evaluate my old eating habits and replace them with new ones. 

One of the things that appealed to me about Medifast from the very beginning is that it allowed me to eat frequently. If I was bored, it was usually time for another meal -- or I knew one was coming up soon. So I could coincidentally eat when I was bored while still losing weight.
Do you eat when you're bored? Is the Pope Catholic?
Now that I'm at my desired body weight, I'm still eating frequent small meals and snacks, so I can eat when I'm bored . . . or stressed . . . or tired -- and still stay slim. I have replaced most of my "bad" foods with more nutritionally sound choices, like apple slices and sharp cheddar, red peppers and hummus, Medifast brownies.

That doesn't mean I eat whenever I feel like it. But I acknowledge that food gives me pleasure and I don't have to keep a food diary, take up knitting or do the dozen other things the diet experts suggest. The beauty of Medifast is I can still eat when I'm bored without my weight ballooning out of control.


You can purchase Medifast replacement meals directly from Medifast Centers, the Medifast website or -- for no extra cost -- through the co-branded website of a Medifast TSFL health coach. Medifast does not recommend purchasing its products from third party vendors, but if you choose to do so, you can find them on both Amazon and eBay.

Medifast replacement meals on Amazon

Similar posts:

Can You Drink Alcohol on Medifast?


How Medifast Helped Me Develop Better Habits

Medifast Centers Vs. DIY Medifast


Irrational Numbers: Doing the Math on Medifast Popcorn

Medifast Vs. Lean Cuisine Diet

Visit my other blogs:

Fit Kitty

Food Trends 


Bookish

Dictionary Woman

Follow Nancy's board Medifast on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment