Sunday, June 15, 2014

This 70-Calorie Dessert Is My Secret Weapon on Medifast Maintenance

Now that I have achieved my ideal body weight on Medifast, my biggest challenge is to keep the pounds off for good. With the Medifast 5&1 Plan in my rear view mirror, I now get to make daily dietary choices that can keep me slim or make me chubby again. So far, I have managed to maintain my weight for four months, and I owe part of that to a secret weapon I call my finite dessert.

Trust me. It's better than tuna and catnip combined!
Before I tell you exactly what that secret weapon is, I'm going to travel back 20 years in my time capsule when I ate a delicious shortbreadcookiechocolatecandything on an airplane flight made by Worlds Finest Chocolate. It contained about 100 calories, and I liked it so much I ordered several boxes from the company's catalog. That was before there was such a thing as 100 calorie snack packs. I had beat Nabisco in figuring out that wrapping a finite quantity of food is a nifty portion control tool.

Fast forward to today and I have found another delicious finite dessert that has even fewer calories -- the Chocolite Peanut Butter Cup Patties made by Health Smart Foods. This Reese's clone rivals the popular candy but weighs in at only 35 calories per patty. I always eat both patties in the two-pack so my total damage is 70 calories. But I don't crave any sweets after that.

With 16 two-pack servings per box, this treat may seem a tad spendy, but if that is the only dessert I eat all day it's comparable to a bakery goodie or premium ice cream. And I don't ever feel a smidge of guilt.

As for the quality, here's what one Amazon reviewer said, "The chocolate coating really tastes like a darker milk chocolate with a good melting point. To be frank, I expected the chocolate to taste like saccharin-sweetened waxy plastic, but I was so wrong! I'm a chocolate snob and know all the best boutique brands so I'm not fooling around when I tell you how impressed I am."

Couldn't have said it better myself, Lia Soffia Ludovica.

Though most of the day I eat really clean -- salads, fruit, nuts, lean protein -- I always look forward to my daily dose of Chocolite Peanut Butter Patties. It has become my now-not-so-secret weapon in my war against fat.


You can purchase Medifast replacement meals directly from Medifast Centers, the Medifast website or -- for less cost -- through the co-branded website of a Medifast TSFL health coach. Medifast does not recommend purchasing its products from third party vendors, but if you choose to do so, you can find them on both Amazon and eBay.

Medifast Custom Order - You Choose ANY 10 Boxes



More from Diet Skeptic:


Fruck You! Fructose

Can You Drink Alcohol on Medifast

Medifast Centers Vs. Take Shape for Life


Planned Exceptions: What Is Your Pie Policy?

Wabi Sabi Dieting & Renee Zelwegger's New Face
Follow Nancy's board Low Carb Recipes on Pinterest.

1 comment: