Tuesday, June 17, 2014

How Medifast Cured My Empty Carbs Habit

After losing 35 pounds on Medifast, one of my strategies for keeping them off has been restricting empty carb calories. I was so used to not eating bread, pasta and potatoes on the Medifast 5&1 Plan it has been surprisingly easy to continue refraining from them.

Since I am no longer trying to lose weight, I do allow myself to eat some bread. However, a normal sandwich now seems way to bready for me; so I usually just eat an open faced sandwich. This requires a knife and fork to eat gracefully, which has the added benefit of slowing down my eating. I really prefer wraps since the ratio of bread to meat/vegetables is much better.

I have also virtually stopped eating pasta and pizza -- except for the occasional indulgence meal. Even then, I eat only a small fraction of the amount I would have consumed pre-Medifast. If I get a hankering for pasta at home I use my Veggetti to make zoodles out of zucchini. I am so used to not eating grain pasta, these curly vegetable strands now satisfy my noodle cravings. I am still working up the nerve to make a cauliflower pizza crust, and when I do I can foresee making this my go-to Italian pie.

Desserts and high-calorie sweet treats have also become rare events, but I do not restrict myself from the occasional splurge. On Father's Day my daughter made a mind blowing dessert of blondies with a caramel whiskey sauce. I ate a normal sized portion and savored every bite. Allowing myself to do this on occasion helps me say "no" the other nine times out of ten. Instead of reacting on auto pilot, I ask myself first, "Is it WTC?"*

*worth the calories

Prior to Medifast, I had thought maintaining my weight would be a bigger challenge than it has been so far. But I am convinced the Medifast Take Shape for Life program has permanently changed my way of eating. Now that I can eat fruits, more nuts and higher glycemic vegetables, I feel like I am splurging even when I am eating healthy.

You can purchase Medifast replacement meals directly from Medifast Centers, the Medifast website or -- for no extra cost -- through the co-branded website of a Medifast TSFL health coach. Medifast does not recommend purchasing its products from third party vendors, but if you choose to do so, you can find them on both Amazon and eBay.

Medifast replacement meals on Amazon

Similar posts:

How Medifast Helped Me Develop Better Habits

Medifast Centers Vs. DIY Medifast


My Favorite Medifast Kitchen Gadgets


Medifast Vs. Lean Cuisine Diet

Visit my other blogs:

Fit Kitty

Food Trends 


Bookish

Dictionary Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment