Friday, April 25, 2014

Medifast, Comfort Zones and Denial

One of my Medifast Facebook friends posted a meme from Jillian Michaels today that explains why some people do not make the choice to lose weight:
This is just another way to say that we all have to hit our own personal bottom before getting out of our comfort zone and making the decision to change what we are doing.

For me, it was not fitting into a dress for a job interview -- even with shape wear. The dreaded realization that I could not mask my fat-bulging mid-section any more was like being woken up from a deep sleep with a bucket of ice cold water.

I decided I was no longer willing to stay where I was -- even if that meant I had to go on a four-letter D-word.

Like many overweight people, I had been in denial about my weight. The pounds had slipped on so stealthily it seemed too daunting to do anything about it.
My wake up call was
not being able to fit into a dress
for a job interview.

Recently, one of my Take Shape for Life clients reminded me of this mindset when I asked her what size she was currently wearing. She told me she refused to buy any clothes larger than a size 12; so she had switched to pants with elastic waist bands.

Boy could I relate.

The thing is, elastic waist bands, by definition, expand our boundaries and create a delusional comfort zone. They help us stay contentedly where we are...

...until we eventually get that cold bucket of water splashed in our face.

For some, it is the possibility of getting irreversible gastric bypass surgery.

For others, it is an upcoming wedding or special event for which they want to look good in fitted clothes.

For still others, it is being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.

Fortunately, when that torrent of frigid water hits, there is a relatively simple solution -- the Medifast Take Shape for Life Program. Thanks to finding this affordable, rewarding and effective program that requires almost no will power, I melted off 35 pounds of fat in less than four months.

More importantly, I am maintaining my new body weight with almost no effort and thoroughly enjoying life as the new healthier me.

You can purchase Medifast replacement meals directly from Medifast Centers, the Medifast website or -- for no extra cost -- through the co-branded website of a Medifast TSFL health coach. Medifast does not recommend purchasing its products from third party vendors, but if you choose to do so, you can find them on both Amazon and eBay.

Medifast replacement meals on Amazon

Similar posts: 

How Medifast Helped Me Develop Better Habits

Medifast Centers Vs. DIY Medifast


Irrational Numbers: Doing the Math on Medifast Popcorn

Medifast Vs. Lean Cuisine Diet

Visit my other blogs:

Fit Kitty

Food Trends 


Bookish

Dictionary Woman

Follow Nancy's board Medifast on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment