Sunday, April 20, 2014

Do You Need a Medifast TSFL Health Coach?

A good health coach is as close as
your laptop or cell phone.
One of the many things I love about Medifast is its multiple pathways. You can buy food directly from the Medifast website or go to a brick and mortar Medifast center.

Or you can order food through a Medifast-approved Take Shape for Life health coach and have the best of both worlds.

When I started Medifast last fall, I purchased my first month of food directly from Medifast. But as I investigated the program further, I learned that I could have a free health coach and snag the same special deals offered by Medifast Direct.

Since I did not know any TSFL health coaches, I allowed Medifast to randomly choose one for me and lucked out with a seasoned veteran of the program. My health coach Susan had maintained her 100+ pound weight loss for over six years and was always available to support me with information, accountability and encouragement.

Would I have been successful on the Medifast 5&1 program without my health coach? Maybe -- but I'll never know. My coach challenged me to give up that last shot glass of wine every night and drink more water. She gave me tips on how to prepare the savory meals like macaroni & cheese so they looked more like the picture on the box. She also kept tabs on how much weight I was losing, and I always wanted to give her a good report.

Now that I am a TSFL health coach for Medifast, I have a chance to pay it forward. I email and text with some of my clients, talk on the phone with others. Having recently gone through the program, their challenges are very familiar to me; and I love to share the secrets I learned in melting off my own 35 pounds in less than four months.

Through a fabulous Facebook group run by another TSFL health coach, I have learned that we all approach our role differently. Since I tend to attract clients similar to me, I am less authoritarian than some other health coaches. My inner James Dean would have rebelled if my health coach had forbade me from drinking wine, whereas her more subtle challenge made it my idea. In hindsight, I suspect if my health coach had been a strict Mama Bear, I might have drank more wine just to show her she wasn't the boss of me.

But that's me.

Some people who follow the Medifast 5&1 plan prefer a more authoritarian health coach, and there are many good ones out there (I can even recommend one).

As my car dealer friend once said, "There's a butt for every seat."  Find the right health coach for your personality style, and enjoy the journey to a slimmer and healthier you.

Update August 2014: I am no longer a Medifast Take Shape for Life Health Coach. However, I still strongly believe in the program and would be happy to recommend a few excellent free health coaches if you are interested in taking advantageous of their seasoned guidance and support. Please contact me at nancyetracy(at-sign)gmail.com

You can purchase Medifast replacement meals directly from Medifast Centers, the Medifast website or -- for no extra cost -- through the co-branded website of a Medifast TSFL health coach. Medifast does not recommend purchasing its products from third party vendors, but if you choose to do so, you can find them on both Amazon and eBay.

Medifast replacement meals on Amazon

Similar posts: 

How Medifast Helped Me Develop Better Habits

Medifast Centers Vs. DIY Medifast


Irrational Numbers: Doing the Math on Medifast Popcorn

Medifast Vs. Lean Cuisine Diet

Visit my other blogs:

Fit Kitty

Food Trends 


Bookish

Dictionary Woman

Follow Nancy's board Medifast on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment