Saturday, October 25, 2014

Life After Medifast: Why I Still Use Medifast Replacement Meals

One of the most common questions I get about Medifast (besides "Is that the milkshake diet?") is whether I will have to eat Medifast replacement meals for the rest of my life?

The correct answer, of course, is no, but many people who have lost weight on the Medifast 5&1 Plan continue using Medifast replacement meals and similars to maintain their ideal weight.

One of my favorite lunches, for instance, is a shake I make using the Chocolate Chip Soft Bake packet, to which I add unsweetened vanilla almond milk, walnuts, cocoa and maybe a few strawberries or half a frozen banana. I can drink this protein packed shake in the car on my way to work, and it keeps me full and energized for several hours.

Most of the time I eat so-called real food that is found in the outer perimeter of the supermarket. But if I am at the top of my ideal weight range, I might substitute a more caloric meal or snack with a Medifast meal or two. For instance, the Medifast Ziti Marinara makes a terrific mid-day meal, especially with a melted wedge of Laughing Cow cheese (my favorite is the Creamy Queso Fresco Chipotle).

One of my favorite Medifast vloggers
reviewed the ziti marinara here
Debbie Schussler Bodenhorn, a popular TSFL health coach in one of the Medifast Facebook groups to which I belong, lost much of her weight eating five Medifast brownies a day in addition to her Lean & Green meal. Two years later -- and still 57 pounds lighter! -- she continues eating a Medifast brownie every night (with a few walnuts!) as a way to satisfy her sweet tooth. In the course of a year she avoids consuming thousands of fattening dessert calories and excess sugar from the likes of candy, cookies, cake and ice cream.

Since I am following the five-pound rule -- never allowing myself to go beyond five extra pounds -- Medifast replacement meals are a great way for me to cut back on my calories without feeling hungry. They especially come in handy after a vacation or holiday spree in which I may have eaten more carbs than my body can handle.

You can purchase Medifast replacement meals directly from Medifast Centers, the Medifast website or -- for less cost -- through the co-branded website of a Medifast TSFL health coach. Medifast does not recommend purchasing its products from third party vendors, but if you choose to do so, you can find them on both Amazon and eBay.

Medifast Custom Order - You Choose ANY 10 Boxes



More from Diet Skeptic:


Fruck You! Fructose

Can You Drink Alcohol on Medifast

Medifast Centers Vs. Take Shape for Life


Planned Exceptions: What Is Your Pie Policy?

Wabi Sabi Dieting & Renee Zelwegger's New Face
Follow Nancy's board Low Carb Recipes on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment