Friday, March 28, 2014

Is Medifast a Miracle?

Sorry Medifast. Even though your ads insist you are not a miracle, I beg to differ. Six months from the day I started the Medifast diet, I am maintaining my ideal weight. And now I know the secrets for staying svelte.

I started this blog on September 29th, my first official day on Medifast. At the time, I was more than a little skeptical I could ditch my middle-aged pounds with yet another diet. And even if I was lucky enough to lose them, my daughter warned me I would gain them right back.

I am happy to announce we were both wrong. It took me less than four months to lose 35 pounds, and I have not gained back an ounce since. Medifast has taught me new habits of eating and thinking that all but guarantee my unwanted pounds will not return.

If you read through my blog, you will learn about the habits of health promoted by Dr. Wayne Anderson, co-founder and medical director of Medifast's Take Shape for Life program. Here are a few of the most important ones I have incorporated into my life:

Habit #1: Drink lots of water
I always knew that drinking a lot of water was important for weight loss, but I had never gotten myself into the habit. Now I am never without a water source by my side. Water not only helps me flush out fat, it also keeps me feeling more full since I do not mistake thirst for hunger.

Habit #2: Eat often
Eating frequent small meals helps me eat less in the long run. I am not ravenous during meals so I can eat smaller portions without feeling like I am depriving myself. At restaurants I almost always go home with a to-go box or share an entree with someone else. Just knowing that I can eat more a little later makes it easier for me to put down the fork when I feel full.

Habit #3: Say "no" to workplace treats
Between meetings, the break room and team potlucks, my workplace is loaded with food temptations. A cupcake here, a bagel there -- these bonus calories can add up fast. Before Medifast, I viewed such opportunities as an excuse to eat something I would not have otherwise gone out and purchased myself. Now I realize these "opportunities" will always be there so I keep substitute snacks at the ready that are just as satisfying and will not force me to shop in the plus-sized department.


You can purchase Medifast replacement meals directly from Medifast Centers, the Medifast website or -- for no extra cost -- through the co-branded website of a Medifast TSFL health coach. Medifast does not recommend purchasing its products from third party vendors, but if you choose to do so, you can find them on both Amazon and eBay.

Medifast replacement meals on Amazon

Similar posts: 

How Medifast Helped Me Develop Better Habits

Medifast Centers Vs. DIY Medifast


Irrational Numbers: Doing the Math on Medifast Popcorn

Medifast Vs. Lean Cuisine Diet

Visit my other blogs:

Fit Kitty

Food Trends 


Bookish

Dictionary Woman

Follow Nancy's board Medifast on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment