Saturday, October 5, 2013

I Lost Five Pounds My First Week on Medifast

Sorry about the gap between days three and seven. Though my aim is to post about my Medifast journey every day, I have given myself permission not to post if I 'm really busy.

Which brings me to some really good news: It's been a hectic week, but I managed to stay OP without any problems. The pre-Medifast me would have used the two biggest events -- a promotion at work and an out-of-town meeting -- to add lots of fun celebratory food to my plate. Any good news or change in routine has historically been an excuse for me go into party mode, which basically gives me carte blanche to consume high-calorie foods and rich restaurant meals.

But since I am following a strict diet and know that any cheating can make the measuring line on my scale move up instead of down, I had no trouble restraining myself. Sure it's been only a week, which means I still have the novelty factor bolstering my resolve. But it proves I can handle situations outside of my daily routine if I choose to.

Here's how I did it.

Job Promotion: Instead of indulging in lobster tail dipped in melted butter or chicken Parmesan, I feasted on congratulatory phone calls
lobster dipped in melted butter
Here's how I didn't celebrate my job promotion.
and cuddled up with my husband to watch "The Voice" on TV. I also treated myself to a new ebook for my Kindle, expanding my mind instead of my body.

Off-site Meeting: I skipped the bagel and shmear and fruit salad I habitually treat myself to at this standing meeting, opting for a hazelnut and vanilla no-calorie hot coffee instead. During a break, I mixed a Dutch chocolate Medifast shake using the portable BlenderBottle® I received with my first shipment, and on the ride home I stopped off for a delicious salad from Chipotle, which included grilled chicken, lettuce, a smattering of black and pinto beans, avocado and salsa. When I stopped off at work to catch up on a few emails, I saw there was an ice cream social happening in the break room, but I didn't feel the least bit tempted to partake.
Doing the happy dance

In sum, this week flew by so fast I didn't dwell on my "diet" or feel deprived. Having clearly defined rules helped me say "no" to temptations in which I would normally indulge.

Best of all, this morning when I stepped on the scale I was five pounds lighter!

If you're interested in learning more about how you can lose weight safely and more rapidly with the Medifast 5&1 plan, please visit my Take Shape for Life website.

Similar posts:

Medifast Ziti Marinara Review

Medifake Vs. Medifast

Dr. Oz Diet Vs. Medifast 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment