Thursday, April 24, 2014

Making Exercise Fun on Medifast: How I Exercise While Watching TV

If you think the words exercise and fun don't even belong in the same sentence, you can still lose weight on Medifast. In fact, the official Medifast website discourages vigorous exercise during the first few weeks on the program and recommends only moderate exercise after that.

But that is not an excuse to be a total couch tomato.
Sometimes it's hard to watch the show
when I'm upside down, but I can always rewind.

Moving not only makes you feel good, it also tones your muscles as you melt off your fat.

I have belonged to multiple gyms in my life and owned various types of exercise equipment. But my favorite way to be active is to combine movement with something fun.

One of my go-to exercise routines is doing dance moves while watching a recorded TV show or movie. I deliberately stop watching the program at a pivotal plot point to motivate me to resume the next day.

Since I have taken many Zumba and Jazzercise classes, I know a lot of great dance moves, but you can really do anything that helps you work up a sweat. I also do squats, lunges and jumping jacks and have stretch bands, weights, a kettle ball and other paraphernalia to help me get those Michelle Obama arms.

I also like to search the web for new exercise moves to add to my repertoire. Today, for instance, I found a great clip from the Dr. Oz show of Madonna's trainer doing simple but effective chair moves, and now I can't wait to try them.

Turns out I'm not the only one who exercises while watching TV. An article on Fit Sugar suggests some great moves to do while watching the boob tube. One reader said she follows a routine on a workout disk in her portable DVD player while watching a show on her regular TV.

Even when I'm not exercising, I'll sometimes stand on one leg when I watch TV to improve my balance and build my core muscles. I'd rather be a floor flamingo than a couch potato any day.

You can purchase Medifast replacement meals directly from Medifast Centers, the Medifast website or -- for no extra cost -- through the co-branded website of a Medifast TSFL health coach. Medifast does not recommend purchasing its products from third party vendors, but if you choose to do so, you can find them on both Amazon and eBay.

Medifast replacement meals on Amazon

Similar posts: 

How Medifast Helped Me Develop Better Habits

Medifast Centers Vs. DIY Medifast


Irrational Numbers: Doing the Math on Medifast Popcorn

Medifast Vs. Lean Cuisine Diet

Visit my other blogs:

Fit Kitty

Food Trends 


Bookish

Dictionary Woman

Follow Nancy's board Medifast on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment