Thursday, December 26, 2013

Should Medifast Be Part of Your New Year's Resolution to Lose Weight?

Losing weight was always at the top of my list
of New Year's resolutions

Like most overweight Americans, every year after Christmas I would put “LOSE WEIGHT!” at the top of my list of New Year’s resolutions. Like a star atop a Christmas tree, the words were more decorative than meaningful. Without a concrete plan to shed my extra pounds, I was doomed to failure.

This year I am thrilled that losing weight is not one of my goals for 2014. I have already lost the bulk of my unwanted pounds thanks to starting the Medifast program in late September. Since the plan is so effective and easy to follow, I’m confident the rest of my extra pounds will melt off like marshmallows in a camp fire.

Looking back, I realize why my annual resolution to lose weight was more fluff than substance. I did not believe in diets so I didn’t follow a concrete program. Instead, I resolved to eat more healthy foods, drink more water, cut back on “bad” foods, ask myself “Are you hungry” before I ate something, eat more slowly and consciously, oh yeah—and watch those portion sizes.

I wanted a diet that would move the scale
faster than a snail's pace
Those are all good rules, only I didn’t always follow them. Plus, they were geared to a slow and gradual weight loss which did not provide the instant gratification of seeing the scale move south on a more rapid, steady basis. Patience is not one of my strong suits.

Granted, Medifast may not be for everyone. The food tastes funny at first, but after a few days I not only got used to it, I actually started to crave it. The one lean and green meal per day tasted heavenly, providing a renewed appreciation for “real food,” even without my pasta, tortillas and other pre-Medifast favorites.

For those who are disciplined and have incredible will power, eating smaller portions of healthier foods is probably the best weight loss method long term. But chances are people like that don’t have a weight issue to begin with.

Happily for me, Medifast gave me the ammunition to win my own personal battle of the bulge so now I can focus on other aspects of my life that are more rewarding.


If you're interested in learning more about how you can lose weight safely and more rapidly with the Medifast 5&1 plan, please visit my Take Shape for Life website.

Similar posts:

Medifast on Vacation

Medifast Ziti Marinara Review

Dr. Oz Diet Vs. Medifast 


Can You Drink Alcohol on Medifast?

No comments:

Post a Comment